The Consular Section of the Embassy provides a wide variety of consular services in support of all Portuguese citizens, in particular the Portuguese community living in Namibia. The consular section is also available to give information to Namibian (or nationals of other nationalities living here) who need to travel to Portugal, whether in business, tourism or any other reason.


This Embassy does not issue visas. Please be advised that the Embassy of Portugal in Windhoek does not yet issues Schengen visas.
If you need a visa to Portugal you should contact the Spanish Embassy in Windhoek.

Embassy of Spain in Windhoek
Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 4 pm.
Friday from 8 am to 1h30pm.

Location and contact:
Bismarck Street, 58
P.O.Box 21811, Windhoek
Phone: +264 (0) 61 22 30 66
+264 (0) 61 22 40 38
+264 (0) 61 22 44 00

More information about requirements to ask for a VISA SCHENGEN:

How else we can help

For Portuguese nationals needing emergency consular assistance, please contact:

Customer Service Opening Hours:

Monday to Friday from 8 am to 1:00 pm 

Phone: (+264) 61 25 97 91

            (+264) 61 25 97 93

Fax:     (+264) 61259792

Number of consular emergency: (+264) 08 17156019

Email: windhoek@mne.pt

What Our Consulate Cannot Do For You

Although we are here to help Portuguese nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:

  • Get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings.
  • Help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
  • Give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases
  • Get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
  • Pay any bills or give you money
  • Make travel arrangements for you, find you work, accommodation, or make business arrangements on your behalf
  • Get involved in private disputes over property, employment, commercial or other matters.
  • Share